Rockstar Games did not mention a PC version during their official release date announcement for Grand Theft Auto V, but these few but encouraging hints could mount to inevitable release of GTA 5 on PC too instead limited to just PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
More Evidence Leaked For GTA V on PC Release Date
- Rockstar wrote on Steam News the same day it was announced it would be out for consoles Spring 2013 (console games aren’t announced there unless they are also planned for the PC platform).
- RockstarNexus has reported on Rockstar’s mistake of including parts of their test files in Social Club update (that or some employee about to get fired), they made another update right after and removed the content and the folder labeled GTAV and never gave any explanation. The Social Club run times are independent of the game on PC.
- The leaks as well as mistakes from well known sites such as IGN, Gamespot, Amazon listed the game for PC even after the platforms announcement. Some removed it others didn’t, and let’s be honest IGN was in Rockstar Games HQ I’m sure they know a bit more then we do but the NDA/ Embargo would get them in trouble if they said something, they already got in trouble a few times for leaks like those.
- The 2 CV leaks from Rockstar employees that mentioned they were working in GTAV and was being developed for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- The few messages sent to Rockstar support where people made technical questions about hardware and specifications with them answering as if they knew what the game will need for PC, when the normal answer would be “we don’t have any information about that”.
- The stores that had PC boxart (not the final cover) but same as the consoles but with the PC label on given by Rockstar for PC Pre-Orders (someone opened a Rockstar Games box too soon).
- Retail store posters with GTA V artwork where you can read Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
- Some interventions in this same website few years ago, where Rockstar Toronto stated that they would treat the PC platform differently with next GTA and they would unleash the real capabilities of the engine that was still “too young” and they were just learning how to handle it properly.
And these are just a few hints, with so many leaks like these it’s possible that they first were thinking about an announcement for the 3 platforms, but with Christmas here, It’s very likely that they’ve changed the strategy and expect that the lack of news about a PC version make people so desperate that they will buy a new console to be prepared for the game arrival as “consoles exclusive”. And as always Rockstar won’t say a word about it and will keep the face of “we don’t know, it’s only for consideration”.
All that along with some of the screenshots released (taking into account that Rockstar said that they never manipulate their screens), that hardly represent what was shown in the game trailers said to be from Consoles and due to their looks caused an avalanche of threads all over the Internet with people stating those had to be next-gen (PS4, Xbox 720?), I’m pretty convinced PC version isn’t far away.