Alongside the Nokia X and Nokia X+ there is Nokia XL smartphone, the best one with Android and 5-inch display. Of the three Android phones presented by Nokia at MWC 2014 I would say that Nokia XL is the one that has the greatest chance of success. It has a large display, 768 MB RAM, 5 megapixel camera and front camera of 2 Megapixels.
Detailed specifications for the Nokia XL:
- 5-inch IPS display with 480 x 800 pixels resolution;
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Play dual-core at 1 GHz on ARM Cortex-A5, 768 MB RAM, 4 GB of storage and microSD slot up to 32 GB;
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat as customizing Nokia;
- 3G speeds up to 7.2 Mbps in download, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, microUSB, 3.5mm jack, A-GPS;
- 5 megapixels and 480p video at 30 fps, 2 Megapixel front camera;
- Battery 2000 mAh, 190 gr. and 10.9 mm thick.
You also noted the high weight and thickness: 190 gr. and 10.9 mm for a 5 inch Android phone when the 5.5 inch phablets are not so heavy and thick. Nokia has made a small brick with customized Android to the fullest and over that put its services or those of Microsoft.
However, has a positive impression of quality materials and finishing, for a price of 109 euro smartphone/freely. Android runs fluently, but we are not at peace with its new UI ported over Android.
Clients will not have access to the Google Store, Google Maps or Google Drive, the models came with preinstalled software developed by Nokia and Microsoft, Bing search engine, Skype, own apps store and Nokia HERE navigation software.